Sutcliffe Hall and the
Buck Fitness Center Rules and Regulations
The use of Sutcliffe Hall including the Buck Fitness Center
facilities is considered a privilege. Those misusing the equipment
and/or not cooperating with staff members may be asked to leave and
may have their building privileges suspended or revoked.
• Prior to becoming a member, you must satisfactorily complete
the membership application including a Physical Activity Readiness
Questionnaire (PAR-Q). If you answered “yes” to any
questions on the PAR-Q, you must receive a doctor’s approval
• All guests and visitors must report to the Sutcliffe Hall
Control Desk to sign liability forms, gain approval for use of
facility, and pay a $10.00 per visit guest fee.
• I.D. cards must be swiped at the Control Desk for use of the
• I.D. cards may not be shared. Anyone found using someone
else’s ID card will be asked to leave the facility. This
could also warrant suspension or revocation of the membership.
• Membership fees will not be refunded.
• Individuals are responsible for their own belongings.
• Sutcliffe Hall and the Buck Fitness Center, are NOT
responsible for lost, stolen or damaged personal property.
• Users must comply with specific posted rules for each
• Tobacco products, food, glass bottles, aluminum cans,
alcohol and drugs are prohibited; plastic water bottles are
• Bicycles, skateboards and pets are not allowed.
• All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an
adult at all times.
• Children under the age of 14 are not allowed in the Buck
• Wear proper training attire, particularly appropriate shoes
and shirts, at all times. Sandals are not permitted.
• Offensive language, disruptive and/or disrespectful behavior
will not be tolerated.
• Do not drop or throw weights.
• Return equipment to its proper place when activity is
• Immediately report any facility-related injury (no matter
how minor) or equipment irregularity to the staff member on
Locker Rooms will be available to all students,
staff, faculty, members and guests and they need to bring their own
locks. Participants may lock their items in a locker only while
using the facility. Upon departing the facility, participants must
take their items and locks with them. Any lock not removed from the
lockers will be removed by the Facilities Staff.
Parking for Fitness Club members is in the lot on
College Street next to Boles Natatorium and the lot at the corner
of College Street and Grant Street.
Indoor Tennis Courts are available for use by
members and their guests during scheduled hours. Courts must be
reserved 24 hours in advance at the Control Desk. Courts may be
reserved for 1 hour increments.
Wednesday 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Sunday 1:00 p.m. –
Racquetball Courts are available for use by
members and their guests. Courts must be reserved 24 hours in
advance at the Control Desk. Courts may be reserved for 1 hour
Buck Fitness Center: All members must be 16 years
of age or older. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied
by an adult at all times. Children under the age of 14 are not
allowed in the Buck Fitness Center.
Fitness Classes are offered to all members. The
class schedule will be posted.Classes held between the hours of
4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. are limited to Centre College students and
Johnson Pool is open to club members. Hours are
limited and based on lifeguard availability.
Bowman Gym/Hazelrigg Gym will be available at
scheduled times. Please check the web site or call the Control Desk
at 238- 5930.
Outdoor Track and Tennis Courts are available to
members and the public on a first come first serve basis.
A $25.00 service fee will be charged to replace a lost or
damaged photo I.D. Call the Sutcliffe Hall Control Desk at 238-5930
with questions or concerns.
Fitness Club Links